IMPORTANT: ALL USERS ARE REQUIRED TO READ THIS SECTION
Dear WagJag.com user,
4. Ownership and Copyright
Except as otherwise indicated, the Site, and all text, images, marks, logos and other content contained herein, including, without limitation, the WagJag logo and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, sound files, other files, Content (as defined below) and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the "Site Content") are the proprietary property of WagJag or its licensors and are protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. All rights to the Site Content are expressly reserved.
5. Copyright and Trademarks
WagJag, its logo and all other product or service names or slogans displayed on the Site are registered and/or common law trademarks of WagJag and/or its suppliers or licensors, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of WagJag or the applicable trademark holder. In addition, the look and feel of the Site, including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is the service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of WagJag and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of WagJag. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned in the Site are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by WagJag.
Everything located on or in this Site is the exclusive property of WagJag or used with express permission of the copyright and/or trademark owner. ANY COPYING, DISTRIBUTING, TRANSMITTING, POSTING, LINKING, DEEP LINKING, OR OTHERWISE MODIFYING OF THIS SITE OR ANY OF THE MICROSITES WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF WAGJAG LTD. IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Any violation of this policy may result in a copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right infringement that may subject End User to civil and /or criminal penalties.
6. Limited License
WagJag grants you a limited, nonsublicensable license to access and use the Site and to view and print portions of the Site Content. Such license is subject to these Site Terms, and specifically conditioned upon the following: (i) you may only view, copy and print portions of the Site Content for your own informational and personal use (ii) you may not modify or otherwise make derivative uses of the Site or the Site Content, or any portion thereof; (iii) you may not use the Site or the Site Content other than for its intended purpose; and (iv) you may not reproduce, prepare derivative works from, distribute or display the Site or any Site Content (except for page cacheing), except as provided herein. Except as expressly permitted above, any use of any portion of the Site or Site Content without the prior written permission of WagJag is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein.
Any such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws, including without limitation copyright and trademark laws. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Site Terms may be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. This license is revocable at any time.
You represent and warrant that your use of the Site and the Site Content will be consistent with this license and will not infringe or violate the rights of any other party or breach any contract or legal duty to any other parties, or violate any applicable law. You expressly agree to indemnify WagJag against any liability to any person arising out of your use of Site Content not in accordance with these Site Terms.
To request permission for uses of Site Content not included in the foregoing license, you may contact WagJag at the address set out at the bottom of these Site Terms.
7. Hyperlinks and Third Party Content
You are granted a limited, non-exclusive right to create a text hyperlink to the Site for noncommercial purposes, provided such link does not portray WagJag or any of its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner and provided further that the linking site does not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable. This limited right may be revoked at any time. You may not use a WagJag logo or other proprietary graphic of WagJag to link to the Site without the express written permission of WagJag. Further, you may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any WagJag trademark, logo or other proprietary information, including the images found at the Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page on the Site without WagJags express written consent. Except as noted above, you are not conveyed any right or license by implication, estoppel or otherwise in or under any patent, trademark, copyright or proprietary right of WagJag or any third party. Nothing contained on the Site may be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary right of WagJag or any third party without the prior written permission of WagJag or such other party that may own such patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary right(s).
The Site may contain links to third-party Web sites ("Third-Party Sites") and third-party content ("Third-Party Content") as a service to those interested in this information. You use links to Third-Party Sites, and any Third-Party Content therein, at your own risk. WagJag does not monitor or have any control over, and makes no claim or representation regarding, Third-Party Content or Third-Party Sites. WagJag provides these links only as a convenience, and a link to a Third-Party Site or Third-Party Content does not imply WagJags endorsement, adoption or sponsorship of, or affiliation with, such Third-Party Site or Third-Party Content. WagJag accepts no responsibility for reviewing changes or updates to, or the quality, content, policies, nature or reliability of, Third-Party Content, Third-Party Sites, or Web sites linking to the Site. When you leave the Site, our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any Third-Party Site, and should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any third party.
Under no circumstances will WagJag be liable for any loss or damage caused by an end user's reliance on information obtained through WagJag. It is the Users responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice, etc., or other content available through the Site and Third Party Sites.
8. User Conduct and Use of Interactive Areas
User participation and interaction is encouraged on the Site and the Site may contain discussion forums, bulletin boards, public recommendations, review services or other forums in which you or third parties may post reviews or other content, messages, materials or other items on the Site ("Interactive Areas"). If WagJag provides such Interactive Areas, you are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas and use them at your own risk. By using any Interactive Areas, you expressly agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Site any of the following:
- Any message, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, code or other material ("Content") that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Content that would violate or infringe upon the rights of others
- Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Content that is false and misleading;
- Unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
- Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
- Content that is unrelated to the topic of the Interactive Area(s) in which such Content is posted; or
- Content that, in the sole judgment of WagJag, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Interactive Areas or the Site, or which may expose WagJag or its affiliates or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
9. Rights to User Content
By posting or distributing Content to or through the Site, unless we indicate otherwise, you (a) grant WagJag and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such Content throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised; (b) grant WagJag and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such Content, if they choose; and (c) represent and warrant that (i) you own and control all of the rights to the Content that you post or otherwise distribute, or you otherwise have the lawful right to post and distribute such Content to or through the Site; (ii) such Content is accurate and not misleading; and (iii) use and posting or other transmission of such Content does not violate these Site Terms and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity. You further grant WagJag the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or WagJags rights in the Content by a breach of these Site Terms.
10. User Information, Registration Data, Email Alerts and Account Security
This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions that govern the use of this Site by the User. By using this Site (other than to read this Agreement for the first time), End User agrees to comply with all of the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. The right to use this Site is given on an individual basis to a specific End User and is not transferable. Each End User is responsible for protecting the confidentiality of End User's password(s), if any.
You agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Site ("Registration Data"); (b) maintain the security of your password; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to WagJag, and to keep it accurate, current and complete; (d) consent, upon registration with the Site, to having your email address included on an email alert list for your city whereby you will be alerted by email of the offers presented for that city or cities. You can subscribe for additional email alert lists for additional cities by changing your preferences or unsubscribe from email alert list(s) at any time by clicking on the appropriate links in any email alert you receive; and (e) accept all risks of unauthorized access to the Registration Data and any other information you provide to WagJag.
End User acknowledges that, although the Internet is often a secure environment, sometimes there are interruptions in service or events that are beyond the control of Wagjag and that Wagjag shall not be responsible for any data lost while transmitting information on the Internet. While Wagjag endeavours to make the Site accessible 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, it is possible that the Site may be unavailable from time to time for any reason including but without limitation to routine maintenance. You understand, acknowledge and agree that due to circumstances, whether or not controllable by Wagjag, your access to the Site may be interrupted, suspended or terminated from time to time or generally.
Wagjag has the right to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Site and Wagjag's business, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability and equipment needed for access or use. Further, Wagjag may discontinue any portion of the Site or any information disseminated or displayed or the method of such dissemination or display at any time.
11. Advertisements and Promotions
WagJag may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Site. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than WagJag, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. WagJag is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of third-party advertisers on the Site.
12. Warranty Disclaimer
Except as expressly provided to the contrary in a writing by WagJag, the Site, the materials contained therein and the services provided on or in connection therewith including without limitation any mobile billing functionality (the "Services") are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. WagJag expressly disclaims all other warranties, express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and noninfringement as to the Services, information, that the Site will be uninterrupted or error free, Content and materials on the Site. WagJag does not represent or warrant that materials in the Site or the Services are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free, and expressly disclaims any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or proprietary character of the Site, the Site Content or any portion thereof.
WagJag is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions relating to pricing, text or photography. While WagJag attempts to make your access to and use of the Site and the Services safe, WagJag cannot and does not represent or warrant that the Site or its server(s) are free of viruses or other harmful components; therefore, you should use industry-recognized software to detect and disinfect viruses from your computer on a regular basis.
13. Limitation Of Liability
You waive and covenant not to assert any claims or allegations of any nature whatsoever against WagJag, its affiliates, its loyalty program partners, or their respective directors, officers, employees or agents (collectively, the "Wagjag Parties") arising out of or in any way relating to your use of the Site, the Services, the Content or the materials contained in or accessible through the Site.
In no event shall the aggregate liability of the WagJag Parties, whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence, whether active, passive or imputed), product liability, strict liability or other theory, arising out of or relating to the use of the Site exceed any compensation you pay, if any, to WagJag for access to or use of the Site.
14. Privacy and User Communications
WagJag is under no obligation to refrain from reproducing, publishing or otherwise using communications other than personal information, you send to or receive from WagJag by electronic mail or other electronic means, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose, including the developing, manufacturing and/or marketing or products or services incorporating such information.
15. Applicable Law and Venue
The Site (excluding Third-Party Sites) is controlled by WagJag and operated by it from its offices in Toronto, Ontario. While WagJag has made no effort to publish the Site elsewhere, the Site is accessible in all Provinces of Canada and in other countries. You and WagJag both benefit from establishing a predictable legal environment in regard to the Site. Therefore, you and WagJag explicitly agree that all disputes, claims or other matters arising from or relating to your use of the Site will be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
Except where prohibited by applicable law, any claim, dispute or controversy (whether in contract or tort, pursuant to statute or regulation, or otherwise, and whether preexisting, present or future) arising out of or relating to these Site Terms; (b) the Services; (c) oral or written statements, advertisements or promotions relating to these Site Terms or to the Services; or (d) the relationships that result from these Site Terms or the Services (collectively, a "Claim") will be referred to and determined by a sole arbitrator (to the exclusion of the courts). Except where prohibited by applicable law, you waive any right you may have to commence or participate in any class action against WagJag related to any Claim and, where applicable, you also agree to opt out of any class proceedings against WagJag. If you have a Claim, you should give written notice to arbitrate at the address specified below. If we have a Claim, we will give you notice to arbitrate at your address provided in your Registration Data. Arbitration will be conducted by one arbitrator pursuant to the commercial arbitration laws and rules in effect on the date of the notice in the Province of Ontario.
To the extent arbitration as described in the immediately preceding paragraph is prohibited by applicable law, you agree that all Claims will be heard and resolved in a court of competent subject matter jurisdiction located in Toronto, Ontario. You consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts over you, stipulate to the fairness and convenience of proceeding in such courts, and covenant not to assert any objection to proceeding in such courts.
If you choose to access the Site from locations other than Ontario, you will be responsible for compliance with all local laws of such other jurisdiction and you agree to indemnify WagJag for your failure to comply with any such laws.
16. Termination/Modification of License and Site Offerings
18. Questions and Comments
590 King Street West
Dated: September 30, 2010
When you place and order to buy something on the Site you are making an offer to purchase the voucher(s) that you have selected on the following terms. To make a purchase on the Site you must first register with the Site and create a user account.
- All vouchers printed from the Site are subject to the Terms of Sale of WagJag and the participating merchant(s).
- Any customer loyalty credit programs are subject to the Terms of Sale of Wagjag and to any additional terms applicable to the credit, including the terms set out below under the heading Wagjag/TELUS loyalty program.
- Wagjag is not the supplier of the goods and/or services. They are supplied by the merchant(s), upon whose behalf we provide the vouchers to you, and the merchant is responsible for redeeming the vouchers you have purchased.
- Wagjag is not responsible for any injuries, illnesses, damages, claims, liabilities and costs suffered by or in respect of a customer, caused in whole or in part by a participating merchant. Wagjag is not responsible for any lost or stolen vouchers. Wagjag is not liable for any unclaimed property liability arising from unredeemed vouchers.
- The vouchers have no cash surrender value. Unless required by law, the vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash or applied as payment to any account. The vouchers cannot be combined with any other vouchers, certificates, discounts, or promotions unless otherwise specified by the merchant.
- Each voucher has a purchase value and a promotional value. The purchase value is the amount paid for the voucher. The promotional value is the amount of the promotional offer in excess of the purchase value and will expire by the date (if any) stated on the face of the voucher, unless such expiration is prohibited by law. If the voucher is not redeemed by the expiry date, the voucher can be redeemed for an amount equal to the amount you paid for the voucher (that is, the purchase value), if required by applicable law. Where applicable, the redemption value of the vouchers will be reduced by the amount of purchases made.
- WagJag.com values fantastic user experiences because we want to be the best part of your day, even if your day is filled with candy and puppies and baby pandas and unicorns. If you are not happy with your purchase, please let us know why (we like lots of juicy details) and our customer service team will work with you to make things right. Each issue will be investigated and handled on the case by case basis to determine the best resolution.
Within the first 30 days: If you have not used your voucher and would like to return it please contact us and we will provide you with a full refund. Seriously, it's that simple!
Products: Includes all goods that are delivered directly to your front door by a supplier.
WagJag provides you with an array of great products shipped right to your door. As products are shipped directly to you they do fall under a separate refund policy than our daily deals which are redeemed by presenting a voucher in person.
Products received from a WagJag purchase may be returned for a full refund within 14 days of receipt if the product is defective in any way or, if you have not opened the package and need to return it for any other reason. All other requests for refunds will be handled on a case by case basis. In all cases the product must be mailed back to the supplier sealed in its original packaging and we cannot issue a refund until the product had been received by the supplier. Please note that due to their nature beauty and health products are nonrefundable.
Customers are responsible for the return shipping costs.
If you would like to request a refund please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call in the GTA: 416-687-5848 or outside the GTA, toll-free: 1-855-4-WAGJAG
What is the WagJag Grocery Refund Policy?
WagJag Grocery prides itself on offering great deals with fantastic savings and working with the best companies in the food business. We are committed to providing quality products to make your in-home dining experience more pleasurable. If you are not happy with the quality of your purchase, please let us know why within 14 days of receiving your purchase and we will do our best to make it right. If you have a quality concerns please supply pictures that detail your concern so that we are able to show the food manufacturer and provide you with a full refund. Unfortunately we cannot accept food product back once it is in your possession due to the strict food safety regulations we follow.
If you would like to request a refund or partial credit please email us at email@example.com or call in the GTA: 416-687-5848 or outside the GTA, toll-free: 1-855-4-WAGJAG.
Jaunt Refund Policies:
Jaunt will issue refunds on unused vouchers until 14 days after the offer closes. If you're only available to redeem your Jaunt on certain dates, make sure you book your Jaunt with the hotel/merchant during the refund period. If the Jaunt is not available on the day you need, we'll be happy to issue a full refund provided that you make your request within 14 days after the offer closes on Jaunt.ca.If you would like to request a refund please contact Jaunt Within Toronto: 416-687-5703
Toll Free within Canada: 1-855-GO-JAUNT (1-855-465-2868)
Last Updated: October 2011
Our commitment to privacy
WagJag Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Toronto Star Newspapers Limited, knows that protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information is important. Collection, use and disclosure of personal information by WagJag is governed by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (the "Act"), and any applicable provincial legislation. This Privacy Code explains what personal information is collected from users of WagJag and how it is used. It also explains how you can ask questions, make suggestions, and complain about our privacy practices. This Privacy Code applies to personal information (see below) collected by WagJag. Be aware that WagJag may contain links to other websites provided and maintained exclusively by third parties not subject to this Privacy Code. Please review the privacy policies on any external websites to determine their information handling practices. WagJag will not be liable under any circumstances for any damages whatsoever, direct or indirect, resulting from any use of WagJag or any other third party website linked to WagJag, whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such damages.
This Privacy Code is available to the public in electronic form via firstname.lastname@example.org and in paper form from WagJag's office at 590 King Street West, Suite 400, Toronto, M5V 1M3. If you have any additional concerns or questions, we encourage you to contact us and we will address your concerns to the best of our ability. Please read this Privacy Code carefully and check back periodically as we update it from time to time. By submitting your personal information to WagJag and by visiting WagJag, you signify your agreement to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Code.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual. Personal information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization. Information used solely for journalistic purposes is exempted from the Act.
WagJag is responsible for personal information under its control. Our employees are informed about the importance of privacy and receive periodic information to update them about our Privacy Code and related policies. In addition, Torstar Corporation, WagJag's parent company, has appointed a Chief Privacy Officer to oversee personal information-handling practices of WagJag.
Children under 18 are not eligible to use WagJag unsupervised. If you are under 18, be sure to obtain your parent or guardian's permission before you send any personal information to us, or anyone else, over the Internet. We encourage parents to get involved with their children's online usage and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
What personal information do we collect, and why?
WagJag collects personal information for specific, limited purposes. Information is collected by fair and lawful means.
- We collect contact information (for example, name, address, email address, and telephone numbers) when you register at WagJag.com. This information is used to complete your WagJag transactions and respond to your inquires.
- WagJag also collects credit card information as needed to process payments for WagJag Vouchers that you buy. We do not permanently store your credit card information.
- If you enter a contest or other promotion, we use your personal contact information to administer the contest or promotion including contacting, announcing and promoting prizewinners.
- We collect purchase history and a list of promotions offered to you ("history"), in order to gain a better understanding of your interests so that we may develop better products and services and to determine eligibility for our products and services.
- We collect, use and store your location history to establish your location, improve your experience and from time to time to send you information, such as offers, that are most relevant to your geographic location.
- We may also use personal contact and history information from time to time to contact you about changes, enhancements or other notices related to WagJag vouchers that you have purchased or about WagJag's business. In addition, if you have given us your prior consent, we may use this information to send you offers or information from us, our affiliates and from selected sponsors or advertisers ("Marketing Offers"). If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by following the procedure set out in our opt-out policy (see below).
- We keep notes and special instructions on file for advertisers and subscribers to help us fulfill your request and provide customer service.
- If you choose to opt-out of any use of your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy, we keep your contact information on a list so that your request can be honoured. If you complain to any of our departments, we collect your contact information and the nature of your complaint, for the purpose of investigating and responding to you.
- If you are a freelancer, or other service provider, we collect your social insurance number for tax reporting purposes and your contact information in order to pay you. We may also collect financial information (for example, banking details and credit history) from our freelancers, other service providers or advertisers, to assess credit risk, sales data to prepare royalty reports and other information to help us evaluate services.
- Purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, which are not set out in this Privacy Code, will be set out at the time of collection. You will be given a reasonable opportunity to opt-out of any additional purposes no later than the time of collection.
- We also collect certain non-personal information, like internet cookies and data for market research:
If you are concerned about cookies, it is possible to turn them off in your web browser preferences. However, please be aware that by disabling cookies, you may not be able to use all portions of our websites and may not have the optimal experience.
- You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with WagJag, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- You may also manage the sharing of certain personal information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or application, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between WagJag and your social media account or your mobile device.
- We may place advertising or other links on our sites that originate from outside advertisers. If you view these ads, the advertisers may assign a cookie. WagJag does not control these cookies, nor is it responsible for any marketing or other use of your name by these advertisers.
- Market research: Occasionally, we ask our customers to complete market research surveys. Survey results are aggregated and shared with our advertisers, sponsors and affiliates in a manner that does not disclose personal information.
To whom does WagJag disclose personal information, and why?
WagJag may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
- WagJag shares some of your personal information with merchants from whom you have purchased something or from whom you have registered for something to allow them to provide the products or services to the correct individuals and to allow them to keep track of what they have provided. We provide as much information to the merchant as is necessary. Sharing this information will allow these merchants to contact you directly should they choose to do so. We will only share personal information with a merchant if you purchase something or register for something relating to that particular merchant.
- In order to provide you with Marketing Offers (see above), if you have provided consent, WagJag may disclose your personal contact information to affiliates and selected sponsors and advertisers. If you do not wish to receive any further Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by following the procedure set out in our opt-out policy (see below).
- WagJag may also disclose or share non-personally identifiable information with partners, advertisers, merchants and/or prospective merchants to help explain our business and the effectiveness of our business or for promotional purposes. For example, we may disclose aggregated demographic information which does not include any personally identifiable information.
- WagJag may transfer your personal information to service providers acting on its behalf in order to perform processing and other specialized services, for example, prize fulfillment of our contests, collection of overdue accounts, product delivery, or credit card processing.
- Your personal information may be processed and stored outside of the province in which you reside and/or outside of Canada by us, an affiliate or a third party service provider for the purposes set out in this Privacy Code and, under the laws of these other jurisdictions, in certain circumstances foreign courts, law enforcement agencies or regulatory agencies may be entitled to access your personal information.
- When WagJag needs to disclose your personal information to unrelated parties, for example, if we find you have violated any stated terms of service or conditions of purchase, or if we need to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, other legal and regulatory authorities and other legal reasons.
- WagJag may disclose your personal information to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed or continue with such transaction or business relationship or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to such parties. We will require such parties to treat your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Code and to use and disclose it only for the purposes for which it was collected.
Consent and opt-out policy
In general, WagJag seeks consent to use your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy. Except as set out in this section, WagJag obtains your express opt-in consent to use or disclose sensitive personal information.
If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by doing any of the following:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of any email Marketing Offer you receive. Inform your telemarketer at the time you are called with a Marketing Offer.
Call Client Services at (416) 687-5848 in the GTA or toll free at (855) 492-4524 and request that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers.
- Email email@example.com and request that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers.
- We reserve the right to use and disclose your personal information without consent where required or permitted by law, for example, if we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a federal, provincial or foreign law, in order to protect or defend our legal interests, or to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests.
WagJag maintains personal information in a combination of paper and electronic files. We take technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures to protect your personal information. Not all WagJag interactions require that credit card information be provided. If you provide credit card information to us, we work to help protect the security of your credit card information by using industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology.
Please be aware that email is not a secure medium, and any personal information you send to us by email could be intercepted. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes information such as your credit card number, you should not send it electronically unless the email is encrypted or your browser indicates that the access to our website is secure. Materials posted to online forums such as bulletin boards or chat rooms are public, not secure and may be viewed by anyone. Any personal information you post may be collected and used by anyone and may result in unsolicited messages from other internet users.
How to access and correct your personal information
WagJag provides you with the means to access, update, edit or delete certain subscriber and registration information you have provided at any time by going to the appropriate page on www.wagjag.com, and changing or deleting such information as desired.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on our site for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We will give you access to the information we retain about you within a reasonable time, upon written request, satisfactory identification and proof of entitlement. In some cases, we may not provide access to personal information in our possession or control. If we deny your request, we will advise you in writing of the reason for the refusal and you may challenge our decision.
How to challenge our privacy practices
WagJag encourages you to contact us with any questions or concerns you have about your privacy or this Privacy Code. If you have a question concerning WagJag's Privacy Code, would like a copy, or if you have a complaint, please contact Client Services at:590 King Street West, Suite 400
Client Services can successfully deal with many issues. If you prefer, or if after contacting Customer Service, your concerns or questions have not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact Torstar Corporation's Chief Privacy Officer in writing as follows:
Chief Privacy Officer
One Yonge Street, 6th floor
Fax: (416) 869-4183
TELUS/Wagjag Loyalty Program
Starting on February 1, 2012, all TELUS mobile customers who sign up for the TELUS/Wagjag customer loyalty program on www.wagjag.com/telus will be given a monthly $10.00 Wagjag Credit to be applied toward their purchase of vouchers on Wagjag.com. This credit is non-transferrable, can be applied only once per transaction. The credit expires at the end of each month and a new $10.00 credit will be issued for use in the following month, provided that you remain a TELUS mobile customer and your accounts with TELUS and Wagjag are in good standing.